27 Mar Top 10 Vacation Safety Tips From ASI
This month at ASI, we’re celebrating vacations.
Here are a few tips we love and wanted to share with you!
Be Careful with Social Media
- We’re sure you’re loving Santa Monica, but don’t post pictures just yet! If the wrong person sees your post on Instagram or Facebook, you could run the risk of a burglary. You would be wise to wait until you’re back home to post all those sunset selfies!
Be Sure to Plan Unplanned Times
- Vacation schedules are good – there’s lots to do and little time – but be sure to leave empty blocks of time to fill with whatever comes up. Maybe you’ll want a nap back at the hotel or a quick stroll through a quaint neighborhood; regardless, leave room to be spontaneous!
Have a Home Emergency List
- You ought to have a trusted friend on speed dial. With ASI, you’ll be alerted if anything goes south on the home front, but you need a contact that can quickly resolve any issues that arise. Tell Bob you owe him a burger and to leave his phone on!
Pack an Emergency Kit for your Car
- You never know when you’ll need supplies on the side of the road. We at ASI recommend a backup phone battery or power bank, a first-aid kit, blankets, nonperishable food, a flashlight and bottled water. Never be caught off guard!
Arrange a Backup Passport Plan
- Your passport is a vital piece of identification. You should prepare for the worst by scanning a copy of it and emailing it to yourself or taking a photo of it to keep on your smartphone. Give a copy to a family member or friend, too. If it’s stolen, it will be easier to replace.
Invest in a Money Belt
- Even if you only carry plastic, you ought to look seriously into a money belt. They come in many unique and convenient configurations that make your valuables much harder to steal. Don’t worry about your wallet in a crowd!
See it all with the Video Doorbell
- ASI’s Video Doorbell allows you to remotely answer your door — from just about anywhere! We always recommend this great product to our clients — whether at home or away.
Smart Lock, Smart Life
- The perfect complement to the video doorbell, our smart locks allow you to control access to your home with the push of a button. Don’t hide your key under the mat — give your neighbor a code that will unlock the door, disarm your security and give you a nudge.